Donnerstag, August 09, 2007

Yad Vashem

Yesterday we did not go to the Israel museum because next week there is would not be as much program as this week so we went by foot to the old city, all in all 5 people. It is amazing how much power Dirk has in pulling up his whealed chair all those hills. The touris information just told us to stay on this street to the Cotl, because there were no stairs. After the westernwall we decided to try how far we can take Dirk into the hole city and we ended up almost getting completly through the arabian quarter more or less along the Via Dolorosa to the jewish quarter. Was not so bad to carry him up some stairs at the end.
Ok, this day did not start great but became better with the time.
Got up with I'm not sure how many more mosquito bites and three of them very bad. One underneath my foot, where you walk on, one on the butt and I even got one on the breast. Never know where to start scratching first.
The volunteer in Yad Vashem cann't show us around today so I'll probably just give an introduction and everyone goes on their own. At least I don't want to visit the museum this time but all what is related to it in the area around:
- hall of names
- avenue of the rightous amonf the nations
- valley of the communities...
http://www.yadvashem.org/

Ester the witness and shoa survivor we met, called me and we made a date for next monday. So I'll go to her place to talk a little more about the kondertransport. It was Lisa who infected me somehow and I'm trying to help her from here a little even though she didn't make it to come to the Ulpan.
Perhaps I can get some more informations also about some of the other survivors...