Sonntag, Juli 22, 2007

welcome to Israel


Was quite amazing to leave this time from airport Tegel to Israel. The security control was more as an innergeman flight. Nearly nothing. I did expect more every time I got through something. At the end I made it without anything.
Trying to sleep the four hours, but it was turbulent most of the time and the other point where the israeli youth groups- as loud as usual. Only the food was not as good as we had on Israir. Breadbun with butter and chicken and a tiny joghurt.
As Amir promised me on the phone the day before he and Carmit picked me up, even though I hve been nearly an hour lat. Supposed to arrive at 00:20. The problem was that in Berlin was one passenger who had given up luggage for someone else and so they put all pf our bags in two rows in front of the airplane and everyone had to choose its own before entering the plane. Somehow funny but took time.

We got to bed around half past 4. I really had problems sleeping because I was not used to the temperatures. Even naked would be still to much on. Hadas, a friend of Carmits joined us for the day when we went to Disengof Center. Haven't seen it so crowded before, ok it was beginning of Shabath and they've had a food fair in there. All over were people selling special cooked food from all over the world. Was amazing just to look at, next time I'll try some but then I shouldn't eat anything one week in advance to have enough space for that in my tummy.
After some shopping we finally made it around 3 or 4 pm to brunch around the corner. Later Sharon came over and they coloured some hair. In the night we wanted to go to the Dungeon, a club with BDSM Party, but both of us were so tired that the other two went alone we went home.
Saturday (as our sunday) I made some Schnitzel. In Israel it is from chicken, in Germany usually from a pig but I did a typical Austrian from a cow. Muuuuhhh, was good. More copmplicated was to figure out, how to come to Beit Ben Jehuda in Jerusalem every day.

Today was my first time and it took me nearly 2 and a half hours to reach BBY. There I met the summercamp of this year and they're really having summer. Even spend the weekend in the desert. We had snow...
While they were going somewhere for a workshop I did the shopping and the cooking and after that trying to find my way back to Tel Aviv.
Left the bus some stations to early and had a nice walk along Disengof street. At least now I know where to go shopping the next time. Was more than exciting this day and I'm really tired. We'll see what comes next!