Mittwoch, August 08, 2007

jump up, jump up and get down...

Yesterday has been really amazing.
Told thoe others to have the breakfast prepared at a quarter to 8 in the morning. The last days the half an hour before their lessons starts had not been enough or they were a little slow. Anyhow.
9 am we were supposed to have a meeting in the office but as usual here it took place later, around half an hour. We planed when who is taking which days of and I got the dates I wanted. So on friday I'll go with Thomas, Dov and Radi from Jerusalem to Haifa. Amir and Carmit are leaving from Tel Aviv. There we will meet Cosima who is having an Ulpan and hopefully some of the others as well. This is why I wrote a mail with the informations to all former participants of the "summercamp" because I only have approxematly 4 more weeks left until I go back home. Almost every weekend something is planed but anyway I would like to see as many of them as I can.
Later on Katharina wanted to talk to me alone. I became a little afraid it would be something serious or something I did wrong... At the end she told me Gerlinde is going to stay in Washington D.C. were she had an internship since the end of june (until end of august). She was offered a fulltime job there.
And I was asked if I would like to take over her part time job at ASF in Berlin. I was amased that they even thought about offering it to me. When we kept talking Katharina and me decided that because I just started with some new studies they will keep me in mind if they need help but my studies would come first and the job was over 18 hours during the week. At the weekend I still have my bus toursand getting all underneath one hat would be hard and ending without free time.
In the afternoon Ester Golan a surviver of the Shoah and former child of the Kindertransport came to talk to us about her experiences and childhood. I cought it all on camera. She is really an awesome old little women and afterwards she gave me her card. Probably I will visit her before I leave back home to talk with her a little more about the Kindertransport project which Lisa is doing with other former survivors and wanted to do herself before she had to skip the Ulpan for an appointment in the hospital for surgery.
The evening I went into my room early to finish some writings I didn't do at the end but read the book I took with me. Tomorrow for sure I'll get at least one in Yad Vashem whe I am going there with the group.
Around half past 10 Rachel called me whome I haven't heard of for almost 2 years now. She had been one of the Israeli teamers when we had the youth exchange with the Goonies in Berlin in 2005. Was really a hughe surprise for me. She invited me to visit her (close to Hadera) when I am passing by anyhow for Nadav's birthday party at the end of this month. She also remembered me that Orly and Assaf are still living in Jerusalem. O. had been the other Israeli teamer in former times and her son a praticipant. So she geve me her numbers where I'll call later today.







I know I didn't write for a longer time but I have so much to do and it is much more exciting to explore more about the city and the country then writing!