Sonntag, Dezember 03, 2006

Great expectations...

I guess I deserve to get disappointed. Having to great expectations it is seldom to fullfill them and this is one of the reasons for me to fall back into the old cluster of depressions. Talking about it helps a lot so I am kind of thankfull for those awesome flatmates.
We have been to Weimar the last weekend together with Dina and Marcel. Leaving friday later than I wanted and coming right into the rushhour. It´s something I hate in my city. It took us more than 4 hours because of that. Trying to find through the historical city center of Weimar and to reach our hostel somehow. We already knew that we would all stay together in a more bed room but we have been a bit surprised when we saw the other 3 people in there. After settling a little we took a first walk that night passing by the christmas market, going into a bar we didn´t really like.
Next day we went to the concentration camp in Buchenwald- I only say: Bruno Apitz "Nackt unter Wölfen"- and as usual Anne bought some books again but this time only two. At home I still have the problem where to put my books- I still have 6 lidl-boxes filled since we moved here.
Early afternoon we drove back and needed to go shopping because we had nearly nothing to eat at all and especially the men where starting to be anoying. The castle museum was nearly closing so we (David and me) used the chance to take a look at weimar while it was still daylight and perhaps doing some shopping for clothes. We landed up in a bakery having some coffee and talking all the time.
I got a big head and decided not to go out that night and even Dina did stay with me in the hostel. We had fun anyway. Practicing vocabulary, talking and she even read me out of "Jim Knopf..."- so we had fun anyway.
OK, the others went to a club I would have liked to be with, too.
Sunday everybody got some hours. I went to the castle museum all by myself, David took a walk through it´s garden and the other three were walking through the city. Arounf noon we met at the car again to start our way back.
This time I was riding all the way without a stop and we made in 2 and a half hours with an overloaded car.